All-On-4 Dental Implants (Also known as Teeth In A Day) in Ashburn VA
Imagine if you have all of your teeth unfortunately removed, or in a state which leads to removal. You can now have implants placed and your teeth fabricated the same day.
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that’s been inserted into the jawbone in the space left by a missing tooth. A fake tooth is then placed on the post created by the screw.
When many teeth are missing or have had to be removed, the person may find themselves with dentures or with numerous dental implants. Dentures can be uncomfortable and a mouth full of dental implants can be expensive.
The All-On-4 dental implant procedure is a way of eliminating the need for dentures and limiting the need for so many dental implants.
All-On-4 (AO4) Dental Implant Procedure
The All-On-4 dental implant is the trademark name of a denture permanently attached to the jaw by four implants. The number of implants used to support the denture has changed over the years, but the name has remained. The All-On-4 is also sometimes referred to as a hybrid denture. During the All-On-4 procedure, the oral surgeon will place four (or sometimes more) dental implants
Here’s how it works.
- Our Prosthodontist will meet with you to plan and to start the process to fabricate the teeth, customized to your need.
- You will first be given anesthesia, and depending on your desires and the recommendation of your dentist, you may also be given sedation.
- Your dentist or surgeon will takes the steps needed to prepare your mouth for the implants. This may involve removing your remaining teeth that are failing and will include removing any diseased or infected tissue from your jaw and gums.
- The implant procedure of inserting the tiny titanium posts into the jawbone is begun. They will likely place two implants toward the front of your mouth and two toward the back of your mouth. These will anchor and support the set of teeth.
- The surgical site is sewn up.
- You will relax and awaken from the anesthesia.
All-On-4 (AO4) Cost
The cost of a All-On-Four dental implant procedure differs from location to location and will not be the same in every situation.
All-On-4 (AO4) Results and Advantages
* Cost is less than that of replacing each tooth with a separate implant.
* While dentures can accelerate bone loss, dental implants help to preserve the bone in the jaw.
* Since the dental restoration is supported by implants instead of gum tissue, it does not rub or create sore patches, or slip.
* Implants are strong enough to withstand greater force than dentures, allowing you to eat a more healthy and varied diet and enjoy increased bite strength.
Although all dental implants and dental procedures come with some risks, including that of failure, generally speaking, patients who get All-On-4s are very satisfied with their new set of teeth.
Usually with the loss of teeth and age there is bone loss preventing the placement of implants, especially in the upper molar area. With the conventional method to place implants the bone needs to be of adequate size in both the upper jaw (via a sinus lift) and the lower jaw (via bone graft). Both of these would require 6 months of healing. With the Teeth In A Day procedure multiple implants can be positioned in a special way and joined, which do not require any bone graft surgery or sinus lift, and thus no waiting period. Both the implant placement and the teeth can be delivered the same day.
Contact our Ashburn dental office and make an appointment. We are here to help: (703) 729-6222
Visiting Esthetique Dentistry was probably the best experience I have had with a dental practice ever. You can tell that they pay attention to detail and take time to ensure a holistic view of your dental health is considered. I would recommend the practice to anyone.
After moving to the area I needed to find a dentist to do some extensive work – my wife and I found Esthetique Dentistry and we could not be happier. The staff is polite professional and understanding. Everything is clearly explained, questions are invited and answered, and most importantly patient comfort is a priority.
I have a dentist phobia but everyone at Esthetique made me feel so welcome and at home. From the awesome staff at the front desk, Diana in customer service, the dental assistants and hygienists and finally to Dr. Talwar – my experience could not have been better. The office is clean, state of the art.